Release Notes for DMS Release 3.6
The FAA has recently made some updates to DMS, highlights of changes that might be of interest or help to DPEs that were noted include the following:
• Removed the Auto Approval default to manual system functionality for pre-approvals submitted less than 24 hours before the scheduled test date.
• Providing a “cancel message.” When a designee edits the time on an approved preapproval request, changing the time/date will cancel the pre-approval.
• Corrected the “ACR-141” with “Admin-ACR-141” and “ACR-FIRC” with “Admin-ACR-FIRC” to align with policy and IACRA.
• Hid the drop down menu choices for Certificate, Category and Class when a proficiency check is selected for type of test.
• Allow a date for paperwork sent to the office to be seven days in the future.
• Admin pre-approval: Added “Other Administrative Activity” to be used in lieu of an authorization for purpose of SIC type ratings, restriction removals, etc.
• Modified external designee search to allow a user to select SAE and display any DPE authorizations that designee holds.
• Removed duplicate DPE administrative authorizations under the SAE Admin section.
• Allow a DPE/SAE to enter N/A for Recommending Instructor in a pre-approval request.
• Fixed drop-down menus to display missing aircraft from the type rating table (i.e. SK-61, RA-390, etc.)
• Allow Temporary Authorizations to select type ratings XXXX types if type ratings are part of the CLOA.
• Request and generate a new pre-approval request with the previous information.
• Fixed corrective action notices sent to designees when the MS has not assigned a corrective action. Notifications will only go to a designee when an MS has determined a notification should be sent.
I sent feedback to the DMS branch stating that it would be helpful to be able to list comments/remarks into the activity reports. They responded that that option will be added later this year.