The FAA has recently made some updates to DMS, highlights of changes that might be of interest or help to DPEs that were noted include the following:
• Removed the Auto Approval default to manual system functionality for pre-approvals submitted less than 24 hours before the scheduled test date.
• Providing a “cancel message.” When a designee edits the time on an approved preapproval request, changing the time/date will cancel the pre-approval.
• Corrected the “ACR-141” with “Admin-ACR-141” and “ACR-FIRC” with “Admin-ACR-FIRC” to align with policy and IACRA.
• Hid the drop down menu choices for Certificate, Category and Class when a proficiency check is selected for type of test.
• Allow a date for paperwork sent to the office to be seven days in the future.
• Admin pre-approval: Added “Other Administrative Activity” to be used in lieu of an authorization for purpose of SIC type ratings, restriction removals, etc.
• Modified external designee search to allow a user to select SAE and display any DPE authorizations that designee holds.
• Removed duplicate DPE administrative authorizations under the SAE Admin section.
• Allow a DPE/SAE to enter N/A for Recommending Instructor in a pre-approval request.
• Fixed drop-down menus to display missing aircraft from the type rating table (i.e. SK-61, RA-390, etc.)
• Allow Temporary Authorizations to select type ratings XXXX types if type ratings are part of the CLOA.
• Request and generate a new pre-approval request with the previous information.
• Fixed corrective action notices sent to designees when the MS has not assigned a corrective action. Notifications will only go to a designee when an MS has determined a notification should be sent.